Big Island Thieves



by Thunda

The County of Hawaiʻi Dept. of Parks and Recreation is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Unless otherwise noted, meals will be provided from June 12-July 19, 2024, at the following sites:

  • Kawānanakoa Gym
  • Pana‘ewa Gym
  • Pu‘u‘eo Community Center
  • Hilo Armory
  • Andrews Gym
  • Carvalho Park
  • Waiākea Uka Gym
  • Honoka‘a Sports Complex
  • Pāpa‘ikou Gym
  • Kulaimano Community Center (6/12-6/28)
  • Pāpa‘aloa Community Center (7/2-7/19)
  • William “Billy” Kenoi District Park
  • Kea‘au Armory
  • Richardson Ocean Center

It is recommended that those interested in receiving meals call sites daily to ensure the program will serve meals on that day.  Sites will not serve meals on excursion days.  Site contact information can be found at:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)         mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)         fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)         email:

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy