Six Hawaii Island-based nonprofit organizations joined today to announce the Hawaii County Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program (RMAP) has closed its applications effective November 5, 2020.
The program’s on-island nonprofit partners will process remaining applications in their pipeline and refer all RMAP applicants to additional services.
By the end of November, a total of $8.25 million in housing assistance grants will have been disbursed, helping more than 3,500 island residents with housing payments since the program’s inception in August.
Individuals and households in need of housing assistance are encouraged to seek additional services including landlord-tenant mediation, assistance with requesting mortgage loan modifications, financial counseling, and other programs available on-island.
More information about these programs and recorded information sessions on these available services will be posted on the Hawaii County RMAP website at https://sites.google.com/view/hawaiicountyrmap.
Those interested in accessing the recorded information sessions are encouraged to check the website regularly. All recordings will be available by November 30, 2020.
For more information visit https://sites.google.com/view/hawaiicountyrmap
- Shout Out to Detective Anson Caceres Kona Crime Prevention Committee 2023 Police Officer of the YearFor his meticulous work that was instrumental in solving two murder investigations, the Kona … Read more
- Police Continuing Investigation into Ocean View ShootingHawai’i Island police are continuing their investigation into a shooting incident that occurred in … Read more
- Volcano woman charged in relation to theft of Honda CivicProsecuting Attorney Kelden Waltjen announced that a Volcano woman, 26 year-old Bailee Powers, was … Read more
- Ocean View Man Arrested for Numerous Offenses, Including Attempted Murder, Robbery, and Auto TheftDetectives with the Hawai‘i Police Department’s Area II Criminal Investigation Section (CIS) have arrested … Read more
- Hilo Man Charged with Attempted Distribution of Methamphetamine, DUI, and Possession of Anabolic SteroidsProsecuting Attorney Kelden Waltjen announced that a Hilo man, 36 year-old Aysa Kalei Delos … Read more