The County of Hawai‘i will reopen several swimming pools around the island beginning the week of Monday, July 13. All pools will operate on modified schedules with interim rules and use procedures in place.
The following pools will each provide 45-minute time slots for individual lap swimming at 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis on the assigned days.
• Charles “Sparky” Kawamoto Swim Stadium [961-8698]Monday/Wednesday/Friday
• Pahoa Community Aquatic Center [965-2700]Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday
• Kona Community Aquatic Center “KCAC” [327-3500]Monday/Wednesday/Friday
• Konawaena Swimming Pool [323-3252]Monday/Wednesday/Friday
• Kohala Swimming Pool [889-6933]Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
• Pāhala Swimming Pool [928-8177]Monday/Wednesday/Friday
The County will continue to evaluate sanitization procedures as well as the adherence to modified pool rules to ensure the safety of staff and swimmers. Available days/hours may be expanded in the coming weeks provided COVID-19 public health conditions and other variables are amenable to such.
Honoka‘a Swimming Pool will remain closed due to active construction work. NAS Swimming Pool, which is currently the site of the Hale Hanakahi Shelter program, will remain closed. Laupāhoehoe Swimming Pool will reopen later upon resolution of recurring water clarity issues, which are being addressed.
The COVID-19 Modified Pool Rules will be posted at each facility.
For more information contact the Department of Parks and Recreation Aquatics Section at 961-8740.