YUKIO OKUTSU STATE VETERANS HOME UPDATE (as of 1:00 pm on Saturday, October 3, 2020, reported by Avalon Healthcare, the veterans home’s managing company)
· Good news: There are no COVID-positive residents currently in the home.
· A total of 71 residents and 35 employees have tested positive for COVID-19 in this outbreak
· 46 residents are currently at the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home
· 0 residents are receiving care for COVID in the home
· 1 resident is hospitalized at Hilo Medical Center
· 27 total resident deaths related to COVID-19 have occurred. We offer our deepest sympathies to the families and loved ones.
o No deaths related to COVID-19 to report today.
· 42 residents and 33 employees have recovered
· For additional information, go to: https://ahcupdates.info/hilo-covid19-update
· Watch: Dr. Mark Knox play his bagpipes in honor of the veterans