In an effort to promote social distancing per the Governor’s supplement to the emergency Proclamation addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, the following adjustments have been made with services that the Hawaiʻi Police Department provides the public:
- Records section is closed to the public; however, staff is still available to answer questions, accepting and processing requests for copies of police reports, which will be distributed strictly by mail. To order a copy of a report or if there are further questions about reports, staff can be reached during normal business hours at phone (808) 961-2233. Police report requests can also be made through the various district police stations with the numbers as follows:
Puna District Patrol………..…..(808) 965-2716
Hāmākua District Patrol………..(808 )775-7533
South Kohala District Patrol.…(808) 887-3080
North Kohala District Patrol…..(808) 889-6540
Kona District Records…………(808) 326-4646 (ext. 285)
Kaʻū District Patrol………….…..(808) 939-2520
- Applications for Permits to Acquire and Firearms Registration services Island-wide remain open and will be conducted by appointment only. To schedule an appointment in Hilo during normal business hours call (808) 961-2233, to schedule an appointment in Kona call (808) 326-4646 (ex 222). To schedule an appointment at any of the other district stations refer to the above listing of phone numbers.
- Traffic Services Section is closed to the public; however, the staff is still available to answer questions during normal business hours at phone (808) 961-2227. (Of note this does not affect the Driver’s License Services as these are overseen by the Finance Department).
- Dispatch and the 911 system continues normal operations with emergency and non-emergency calls.
- Patrol and Criminal Investigation Divisions services continue normal operations. District police stations remain open island-wide.
Should you have further questions on this matter, you may call Major Samuel Jelsma of our Administrative Division at (808) 961-2265.