Fourteen (14) COVID-19 deaths were reported today by DOH. Ten (10) of those deaths have been reported as the result of updated information received on nursing homes in Hawai‘i County. The dates of death range from mid-September to early October, and three (3) of those individuals had been hospitalized at the time of their death. Four (4) more recent deaths were also reported involving O‘ahu residents.
- 8 men, 70-80+ yrs, nursing home residents
- 2 women, 70-80+ yrs, nursing home residents
- 1 man, 80+ yrs, underlying condition, community care home resident
- 3 women, 80+ yrs, underlying condition, hospitalized
DOH Confirms Four COVID-19 Cases on Lāna‘i
DOH’s Maui District Health Office (MDHO) confirmed yesterday four cases of COVID-19 in residents on the island of Lāna‘i. MDHO was notified about the positive test results yesterday and is actively performing contact tracing and investigation of the cases.
Initial findings determined that one of the four cases may be associated with recent travel. Three of the cases work at the same location and have symptoms. The fourth case is a healthcare worker who does not provide direct patient care. All four cases are in isolation. Residents and visitors are urged to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a mask, social distancing, avoiding gatherings, and staying home when sick. To view more information:
Hawai‘i COVID-19 Counts as of 12:00 noon, Oct. 21, 2020
|Island of Diagnosis||New Cases||Reported since 2/28/2020 (including new cases)|
|HI residents diagnosed outside of HI||0||48|
Hospitalization count as of 10/20/20 at 3:16 pm: 12-Hawai‘i, 4-Maui, 59-O‘ahu, 0-Kaua‘i
++As a result of updated information, one case from Hawai‘i was removed from the counts.
- Police Investigating Single-Vehicle Crash in Hilo That Killed Mt. View Man
- Waimea Man Pleads “No Contest” to Sex Assault Charges Involving a Minor
- Police Arrest and Charge Hilo Woman with Unlawful Imprisonment and Terroristic Threatening
- DESPITE CATASTROPHIC DESTRUCTION HOPE FOR MANY HISTORIC LĀHAINĀ STRUCTURES
- Kona Man Charged with Assault Following Stabbing at ‘Anaeho‘omalu Bay