The South Kohala District Courthouse courtroom will be temporarily closing beginning December 1 for all court hearings, however, the courthouse will remain open for other court services. This temporary closure is due to a shortage of courtroom staff.
All current cases will be redirected to the Keahuolu Courthouse in Kona and to the Hale Kaulike Courthouse in Hilo. Judge Mahilani Hiatt will be temporarily transferred to Family Court at the Keahuolu Courthouse.
The Third Circuit Court will make every effort to allow for remote hearings where possible.
The South Kohala District Courthouse will remain open to receive documents, process payments, and for other non-court hearing functions.
“We appreciate the community’s patience and understanding as we work expeditiously to reopen the South Kohala Courthouse,” said Chief Judge Robert D. S. Kim.
Anyone needing assistance may call 808-322-8700 (Keahuolu Courthouse) or 808-961-7470 (Hale Kaulike Courthouse) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Police Investigating Single-Vehicle Crash in Hilo That Killed Mt. View ManHawai‘i Island police have launched a coroner’s inquest investigation following a single-vehicle traffic collision … Read more
- Waimea Man Pleads “No Contest” to Sex Assault Charges Involving a MinorProsecuting Attorney Kelden Waltjen announced that a Kamuela man, 33 year-old Kau Paio a.k.a. … Read more
- Police Arrest and Charge Hilo Woman with Unlawful Imprisonment and Terroristic ThreateningHawai’i Island police detectives have arrested and charged 42-year-old Ann Marie Lung of Hilo, … Read more
- DESPITE CATASTROPHIC DESTRUCTION HOPE FOR MANY HISTORIC LĀHAINĀ STRUCTURESA team from the DLNR State Historic Preservation Division (SHPD), joined by the Lead … Read more
- Kona Man Charged with Assault Following Stabbing at ‘Anaeho‘omalu BayHawai‘i Island police arrested and charged 43-year-old Christopher Haskins of Kailua-Kona with first-degree assault … Read more