Want to make a positive Change in your community? Want to see if you have what it takes to do one of the hardest jobs in Hawai’i? Here is your chance.
The Hawai‘i Police Department is looking for qualified people interested in serving our Hawai‘i Island communities as part of its upcoming recruitment for entry-level police officers. Recruitment will open on Sunday, February 7, 2021, and will close on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 11:59 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time.
Starting salary for Police Officer I positions is $65,652 a year with benefits including holidays, vacation, sick leave, military leave, health insurance, group life insurance, a uniforms and equipment stipend, automobile subsidy, and retirement. Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Graduated from high school or obtained a GED.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and word usage.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 20 years of age at the time of filing, and at least 21 years of age by the time of graduation from the Police Academy.
- Be qualified to carry and/or possess firearms or ammunition in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Have no misdemeanor or felony domestic violence convictions.
- Meet the health and physical condition standards deemed necessary and proper to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations, such as have a correct ratio of weight to height; possess good eyesight and good physical condition and agility according to standards set by the County of Hawai‘i.
Applicants must apply using the County of Hawai‘i Job Opportunities web page and create an account.